Board index From the Boss News and Alerts Cauldron DMCA Takedown

Cauldron DMCA Takedown

That new new.

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:24 pm

Hey all,
So we don't have a server currently. The other issue is, there isn't any way that I can tell you when it'll be back.
We've come to an impasse, and I would like to share it with you.

The first issue we're dealing with is the issue most of you are aware of. We are Modpack Orphans. Currently, we don't have a pack that everyone likes and works with our server. This has been going on for a while, and as it didn't take our server down, it definitely sets us up for the next issue.

The second issue is that there was a DMCA Takedown of all Cauldron files. This means that the people who run the project that allows us to have plugins was told to take down their files that contain any Minecraft server stuff. This means that we can't get the files needed from them to run our server.

So to summarize: Even if we found a pack that worked for our server and everyone enjoyed, we wouldn't be able to have the same public server with a few added plugins. We'd have to have a whitelisted/no protection server.

Ideas/Thoughts?

Need Awesome Hosting?
MineOCity Hosting

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:41 pm

Also, I'll keep the server on Hermitcraft with a whitelist for now. I'll add members and anyone who was on before. Let me know if you aren't already on the whitelist and I'll fix it.

Need Awesome Hosting?
MineOCity Hosting

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:39 am

i wouldnt mind the white list even tho it still adds potential problems with mid to late game grieffing

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Well currently the only people who are whitelisted have played for a while without griefing. As we wouldn't have anyway to protect plots, we would need players to keep the rules alive themselves. Obviously this isn't an optimal or even realistic way of doing it, but it's either this or I need to shut the server down as I can't be on it 24/7 to make sure people are griefing.

Need Awesome Hosting?
MineOCity Hosting

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:33 am

So what is the mod pack called

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:49 pm

We're on Hermitcraft Modsauce 1.0.0.5 from ATLauncher.

Need Awesome Hosting?
MineOCity Hosting

Post Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:01 am

that wouldnt be ideal anyways right now lets try it out with the whitelist only, so far so good right? guess its secret base time no more above ground homes :P

Post Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:31 am

Yup yup, so far everything has been running fine.

Need Awesome Hosting?
MineOCity Hosting

Post Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:07 pm

When will the server be back on 1.7 dierwolf 20 ?

Post Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:23 pm

It probably won't go back to that pack.

Need Awesome Hosting?
MineOCity Hosting

Next

Return to News and Alerts