Board index From the Boss News and Alerts Modpack Update to 1.7.10

Modpack Update to 1.7.10

That new new.

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:18 pm

Hey all,
As you may have seen, there is a 1.7.10 version of the Direwolf20 FTB pack.
There has been an announcement up in the server to let you know that the update was going to happen so you probably already know this.

Things you should know about the update:

Your stuff is reset. Yes, it sucks. Yes, I'm sorry. No, you can't have it back. It is going to take us a bit of time to get everything back to where it was as far as the server goes, so it's up to you to get your palace back to where it was.

There may be some rough seas ahead. This is a beta back. Even newer than the last beta pack we were on. Our server has plenty of resources for it, but we could still see some issues. Just be prepared to lose a few inventories. If you do lose something as a result of a server crash, please post an Item Replacement Request and we'll get your stuff back to you A.S.A.P.

There won't be a spawn for a bit. While I did save our map from the last server, I dont' have the ability to paste Ozy's awesome spawn into the new map. The item id's are going to be different, and Ozy mentioned that he'd like to make a new one for us. So, for the time being, we will have a small house that will server as spawn for now.

Anyway, good hunting and have fun everyone! Be sure to let us know of any bugs or if you have any issues.

Need Awesome Hosting?
MineOCity Hosting

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:29 pm

server be whitelisted jus so u kno

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:38 pm

Yup. I had it whitelisted until it's finished. We had to redo perms and all the configs. I wanted to make sure it was good before making it public.

Need Awesome Hosting?
MineOCity Hosting

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:43 pm

ah rite coolio. will be on at some point and will get started with spawn area

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:52 am

Ya it's whitelisted Let me know when it not thanks

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:43 am

Woot, been secretly looking forward to this for a short while. Spent way too much time on the last server, and ended up very OP before many people even started playing haha. Now got something to play for! Hopefully the girlfriend will give me a bit of free time too, as another reason I haven't been on is because I haven't had as much as a chance.

Any chance I could get a copy of the last server save? Wanted to keep some plans/pictures of my last base so I could reproduce it to a better degree in the future. But hadn't the time on Friday/Saturday and some reason seemed off most of the day yesterday. =/

See you all on the new side.

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:37 pm

Destiny, good to hear from you. I have a save of the full map. I'll find a way to host it for ya so you can grab a copy. I'm hoping to have the server off of the whitelist by this evening.
I apologize for how long the update has taken. The shift to a new version of minecraft has been a bigger one than I expected. The good news is that a lot of our issues SHOULD be taken care of. We'll see how it goes.
Staff, I'll add you to the whitelist. You'll be able to hop on and help set things up. I already have a small spawn house set up so at least you won't spawn in a mob trap.

Need Awesome Hosting?
MineOCity Hosting

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Server is up and running with no whitelist now.

Feel free to join and start your home!

Things to note:
1. We may have missed a setting/plugin. Tell us! Either on the server or the forums. We won't know unless you inform us.

2. We had to reset the database. Tables were different, there weren't any migration tools, and I have a full-time job. Due to the loss of the db, we will have to re-add you as a member. I've taken a minute to make sure we have staff and that our more recent users were re-added. If you join and find yourself a Noob again, just send a staffer a message or post on the forums.

Thanks for your patience!

Need Awesome Hosting?
MineOCity Hosting

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:45 pm

While trying to update the server to v1.0.2 we ran into some issues. The server is not playing well with Cauldron, so I'll be working on fixing that. In the meantime, things won't work and you won't be able to access the server.
I'll post back when things are back up.

Need Awesome Hosting?
MineOCity Hosting

Return to News and Alerts